Monday, October 5, 2009

A Christmas Carol

Every other year the 7th and 8th grades read the Christmas classic A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Some of you may have already heard about a planned field trip to see the Disney movie A Christmas Carol with Jim Carey. I have made arrangements with the Majestic theater in Waukesha to attend a 10:00 a.m. showing on Dec. 11. We will need to leave St. Jacobi by 9:00 a.m. We will not be taking a bus for this trip to save on our costs. I will need drivers for both the 7th and 8th grades (46 students). The cost of a ticket for chaperons will be $5.50. I will also need some parents who are willing to help provide and serve a lite "Dickens Christmas Lunch" following the movie. Just as I did 2 years ago, we will try to recreate a Christmas as it was back in the late 1800s. I am putting out this information early so that you can make plans accordingly. I will give you more information as the date draws closer.

Thank you!
Peggy Prekop

No comments:

Post a Comment